Hi, everypuppy and kitty! Dannan here.
The other day we did a great game called the Letter Game, where I listed ten things that I love that start with the letter "T". So I decided that today, I would list ten things I hate that start with "T".
1. Time out. This means I'm in trouble and have to be locked in the bathroom for a minute or so. Usually, cats are involved.
2. Toenail cutting. This is a way that people make little brown dogs very sad. No discernible purpose that I can see.
3. "Ten (twenty, thirty) more minutes." This means that it is not time for dinner, no matter how convinced I am that it IS time.
4. "That's not yours." Usually means that I'm sniffing something in a bag that was just brought into the house, and that the people don't want me to examine it. How's a dog supposed to do his job guarding the house from contraband smuggling if he's not allowed to check all the bags??
5. "Toes off!" I am up on my hind legs with my front paw on something or someone. This phrase means that I'm not allowed, and I'm in trouble again.
6. "Time to come in." I am outside, having a grand time barking, and this means I have to stop, and also that I have to go into the house.
7. Torture device. I showed you pictures this past week of me walking with the torture device on my face. The Girl calls it a head halter or a Gentle Leader. I call it a weapon against the dignity of doggies everywhere.
8. "TV! That's on the TV!" Means that the intriguing sound that I am focused on is not being made by something I can examine. Often said when I hear a horse. I want a horse. When The Girl says this, she means there is no horse, even though I can hear it. How can there be no horse if I can hear it? The Girl is silly.
9. "Time to go!" Only a bad phrase when said at the dog park. The Girl is telling me that the behaviour I'm doing is unacceptable. Even when it's TOTALLY appropriate, like me lunging at the puppy to make sure she understood to leave me alone. The Girl says this and then hustles me out of the dog park.
10. "This is chocolate. Not for dogs." This one is self-explanatory, I think.
So there are some of the things that I hate that start with the letter "T". It's not an official game, but anybody who wants to try the Letter Game (of love or hate), just leave a comment and I'll give you a letter.
The Girl wants me to say again to all our friends, thank you for all your kind words and support for us while The Roomie's brother is in hospital. He is in very bad shape, so please keep those paws crossed.
I leave you with a picture of what I look like when I am forced to be subjected to one of the above "T"s.
Edited to add: Okay, Blogger is not letting me add any pictures right now. Imagine me looking like the world is over. That's how I look.