Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Awards! and My Film Debut!


Wrooo, I got this cool award from Stella (swoon!) and from Snoop, Gabbi, Alfie & Rosie (the ultra-super Dughallmor Beagles)!! Here are the rules:

These blogs are exceedingly charming. These kind bloggers aim to find and be friends. They are not interested in self-aggrandizement. Our hope is that when the ribbons of these prizes are cut, even more friendships are propagated. Please give more attention to these writers. Deliver this award to eight bloggers who must choose eight more and include this cleverly-written text into the body of their award.


We are SO happy that our furends think of us this way - it means so much to us! Thanks, Stella and Beagles!



Now The Girl is going to take over the post for some less happy talk about awards.


Girlie here. I told Dannan that it was only fair for me to do this part of the post, because it is totally my fault that it needs to be done.


Before Christmas, like November and December and possibly part of October, many of our furends gave us awards. I didn't post any of them. I felt overwhelmed by all the things I had to do, and I kept procrastinating. Then there were so many of them, that I just cowered under the bed and procrastinated some more. I may have thanked some of you, but I might not have thanked anybody.


And I've been putting off making this post, too. I feel tremendously awful that I let this happen - that I didn't thank most (or any) of you for honouring us with awards, that I didn't post about them, that I didn't let Dannan pass them along.


So today, I am biting the bullet and saying to each of you that I am very sorry. We did appreciate that you thought so much of us to give us an award, and we are honoured. We have the best friends that a dog and a Girl can have.


And I am facing the fact that I'm not going to go back and find all the posts with the awards one of these days. It's not going to happen, and I need to be honest about it (with you all and with myself). So I ask you all to forgive me, and not to blame Dannan. He doesn't have thumbs, as you all know. It's all on me.


In an offering to all of you, I'm going to post my first attempts at taking video of Dannan. The videos are of pretty poor quality, but for my first ones, I'm willing to take them. Please enjoy seeing The Little Brown Dog, live and in canine, on location at Nanny and Papa's house!
















When he's jumping at the fence, he's jumping at the birds in the neighbour's tree.


And we are giving the award we got at the beginning of this post to anybody who has given us an award which we haven't acknowledged, and you're still are our friends anyway. Thank you, we love you.


Girlie out.

10 comments:

Jacks, Narra, Tuchuck, and Rousseau said...

OMD! Even cuter "live and in person"--wow, what a star!! We look forward to more video in the future! :)

JNTR

The Oceanside Animals said...

hello dannan its dennis the vizsla dog yes it is ruff not having thums isnt it??? sumday tho i wil hav thums and then all the treets in the pantry wil be mine!!! ok bye

D.K. Wall said...

Ok, Dannan, now that we have seen the videos, you need to give the Girl some mercy for picture taking. You are, uh, bouncy! It's great.

Ruby and Penny said...

Hi Dannan
It was nice to see you in action.
Enjoy playing in the snow.
Love Ruby

Joe Stains said...

Dannan you get around better than Tanner and he has four legs!! We sometimes lose track of awards too, so we totally understand!!

Lorenza said...

Hi, Dannan!
It is pawesome to see you in action! I loved your videos!
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza

Dughallmor Beagles said...

Oh my dawg!! That's the cutest thing we've ever seen, thanks for sharing the videos, they're awesome and made our Mum smile from ear to ear!!
Wrrooooo, little buddy.....you sure can jump high :o) We love how instead of paw prints, there are whole dog prints in the snow, it's so deep!
Mum says she totally gets where you're coming from with the awards...she really appreciates them but sometimes there just isn't time to post about them, choose other bloggies to give them to, do all the links etc, it all takes time! So don't stress, blogging's supposed to be a fun hobby....not a chore!
Anyway, make more of them videos things, they're fun!
Slobbers xx

Dexter said...

Holy Smokes! Are you spring loaded or something? You can sky like the pee-wee and he has all his leggies.

Listen up, Girl, Momma has the same problems as you. I get awards and she like totally forgets to post them and then even when she does she is too lazy to help me choose 8 or 10 or 200 friends to pass them along to. Hey, whatever, right?

And listen! Your girl is a fantastic movie director! I can't wait for your next action video.

Slobbers,
Mango

Kelly said...

Dannan, you better watch out where you post these cute videos! I have a feeling a Hollywood doggie scout might just scoop you up and make you FAMOUS! And the Girl would miss you!!!

Tell your Girl that we ALL understand where she is coming from. No sweat, Girlie! :)

Stella said...

Oh, Dannan, I wish we could play together in the snow. We would have so much fun, wouldn't we?

I liked the last video best where you was tearing around the yard, so cute!

Kisses,
Stella